San Diego, CA
Veteran IT professional specializing in custom software development of value added services for 3rd party applications.
Strengths include programming in several compiled and scripted languages on multiple platforms, Unix and Windows system administration, and the ability to quickly learn and provide administrative and customer support for complex multi-tiered 3rd party Enterprise software tools.
|Server Monitoring Application Administration (SCOM)
||Software Development (Java, C#, C)
|Application Performance Management (Wily, AppDynamics)
||Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Unix Shells)
|System Administration (Unix, Windows Server)
||SQL (MS-SQL, MySQL)
|Authentication Server Admin (SecurID, RADIUS)
MANAGED SOLUTION, San Diego, CA
May 2015 - Jan 2019
Senior Solutions Engineer/Architect
QUALCOMM, San Diego, CA
- Windows Server Monitoring: System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 / 2016:
- Designed and developed SAGE (SCOM Alert Gate Engine)
- PowerShell based alert notification framework that eliminates over 95% of SCOM 'alert-noise'
- SAGE Alert Report emails contain the following:
- All current, actionable alerts in a single aggregated format for each server admin team
- Alert triage information
- Monitoring configuration audit validation
- SCOM Knowledge Base articles
- SAGE Alert Reports:
- Virtually eliminate the need for server administrators to login to the SCOM Console
- Facilitate or eliminate the need for alert remediation efforts by server administrators
- Identify decommissioned servers that should be removed from SCOM
- Provide alert remediation accountability metrics to management
- SAGE allows integration of custom Plugin Scripts to automatically remediate and close alerts
- SAGE contains over 50 custom select options to satisfy a wide range of alert reporting needs
- SAGE is currently deployed at a Fortune 100 company monitoring over 5000 Windows servers
- General SCOM administrative and customer support:
- Architectural Infrastructure support:
- Determine SCOM and SQL server requirements
- Procure and validate servers
- Install and configure SQL servers for SCOM
- Install and configure SCOM Management Servers, Reporting and Web Consoles
- Deploy and validate Management Packs for core Microsoft Server applications
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Active Directory
- Base Operating System Monitoring
- Develop and validate custom Management Packs
- Develop a library of over 50 PowerShell DevOps scripts:
- Command line utilities to facilitate daily operational and administrative activities
- Run as Scheduled Tasks to detect and report gaps in monitoring configurations
- Expert communications skills: written, verbal, graphical (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Staff IT Engineer
NASA / AMES RESEARCH CENTER, Mountain View, CA
- Software Tools Development:
- Web-based admin tools for internal customers, including Corporate IT Networking, Accounts Admin and Telecom.
- Application Performance Management (APM):
- Admin and customer support for Java and .NET APM using CA Wily / Introscope and Application Dynamics (AppDynamics, AppD).
- Develop custom tools to automate and facilitate admin functions and manage licenses to reduce budget expense.
- Windows Server Monitoring:
- Admin and customer support for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) for 3000+ Windows Servers.
- Develop and validate custom Management Packs for all core Microsoft Server applications.
- Develop SCOM Product Connector in C# using Microsoft Visual Studio and SCOM API to export alerts to the monitoring aggregation service -- CA Service Operations Insight (SOI).
- Develop web-based tool to display current configs for customers, saving hours of manual effort per customer request.
- System Administration:
- Leverage common admin utilities in the design of custom software solutions to provide portions of the required solution functionality
- Had sudo access on virtually all corporate servers.
- Support 3rd party applications and custom software using Failover Cluster manager, User and Group admin, Services console, and Scheduled Tasks.
- Create database schemas for custom software.
- Work with DBAs to manage the Microsoft SCOM database.
- Troubleshoot SCOM problems using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Authentication Server Admin:
- RSA SecurID / ACE Server
- Admin and customer support for corporate 2-factor token-based authentication.
- Develop many automation and reporting tools in C using the SecurID API.
- Admin, customer support and custom authentication programming.
- Manage monitoring team work schedules and report accountability metrics.
Senior Software Engineer (Sterling Software)
- Wind Tunnel Data Acquisition:
- Develop and support data acquisition and reduction systems.
B.S. Computer Science, Chapman University, Orange, CA